FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) surgery?
- What’s your SDR story?
- Do you work for Dr. Park?
No. I am a patient who advocates for SDR. I want to help more adults and children with CP can get new legs like me.
- Who is a candidate for SDR with Dr. Park?
- Are adults with CP candidates for SDR with Dr. Park?
- How do I apply for SDR with Dr. Park?
- What’s the link for Dr. Park’s Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy Facebook Group?
- How long is the hospital stay in St. Louis?
Typically, U.S. patients are in the hospital for five days before returning home for physical therapy. The total length of stay — which includes some physical therapy — is different for international patients. Please contact Dr. Park’s office for more information.
- How long were you in physical therapy after SDR?
I went to physical therapy three times a week for four months after the surgery. Since every case is different, Dr. Park will advise you accordingly.
- What types of insurance does Dr. Park accept?
Please contact Dr. Park’s office for insurance information.
- If I send you a video, can you tell me if I’m (or my child is) a candidate for SDR?
No, I cannot. Please contact Dr. Park’s office with all medical questions about the surgery.
The content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. It is NOT to be used as a substitute for medical advice. Please consult a physician with any medical questions pertaining to cerebral palsy or selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) surgery.