Dating with a disability can be challenging. We all want to find a partner who loves us for our abilities, not our limitations. Due to my own frustrations, I gave a Toastmasters speech about my idea of the perfect man. Get ready to laugh out loud!
I’ll Have What She’s Having
Have you ever admired someone and thought “I want her CONFIDENCE”? That’s exactly what happened when I met Kathy O’Connell, Director of Radiant Abilities.
As a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Kathy has 20 years of experience helping people with disabilities increase their self-esteem and confidence in dating.
But her dating life wasn’t always a walk in the park.
Dating Challenges Led to Finding the Man of her Dreams
Kathy struggled to overcome the challenges of dating with a disability. Now, she teaches an online course based on the key beliefs, strategies that led to meeting her husband.
In this What CP Looks Like exclusive interview, Kathy shares how difficult it was to find someone who would consider her as a potential partner. Everything changed when she was comfortable in her own skin — and, most importantly, living with cerebral palsy.
Check out our interview below:
You’ll hear about things like…
• The resources Radiant Abilities provides “for living happily and successfully with a disability.”
• Kathy’s online course Dating, Relationships, and Disability. *Check out the exclusive offer for my viewers; see link below.*
• Why a positive self-image is key to dating success.
• How & when to tell a someone about your disability.
• Advice for parents who worry their children won’t find love due to a disability.
In addition, we talked about why it’s difficult for society to accept that we are just like everyone else. As a result, I invited Kathy to come back. Everyone loved how she turned the pitfalls of dating with a disability into a success story!
Links from the interview:
• Dating, Relationships, and Disability — Kathy’s online course. ONLY What CP Looks Like FB Live viewers will get 50% off AND special payment plans!
SHARE TO SUPPORT #WHATCPLOOKSLIKE
Loving my new FB Live interviews? Please share this post so more people can join our community. Use the hashtag #whatCPlookslike to show the world What CP Looks Like!
Please share your thoughts on dating with a disability. Comments make me smile.
Thanks for watching!