While doing laundry, I had a brief conversation about relationships with my neighbor, Gary. He said women don’t know what they want. I disagreed. I told him that women most certainly do know what they want. We’re not that difficult to figure out and neither are men. The NAKED TRUTH about relationships is this: we are all looking for the same thing – to be loved. So, it’s simple. Sort of…
Relationships: Here’s What Women Want
- Commitment. This doesn’t always mean marriage, however, we need a partner who won’t bail at the slightest sign of anything from incompatibility to a disagreement. An ex-boyfriend (who asked me to marry him) told me things wouldn’t work because we watched different t.v. shows. Seriously?!
- Loyalty. We deserve a man who wants to be with us and ONLY us. No sharing! Man is a dog’s best friend; we want our partner in life to be ours.
- Communication. Talk to us! We don’t expect you to be masters at sharing your feelings. Just try. Tell us we are sexy, smart, capable, beautiful. You’ll be rewarded handsomely.
- Respect. A relationship needs to be built on a strong foundation. Cherish us enough to respect us. Value us for who we are. Don’t belittle, degrade, or hit us – EVER.
- Love. Show that you love us, that your life is better because we’re a part of it. Everyone deserves to be loved. It doesn’t get any better than knowing the person you are with loves you truly, madly, deeply.
In conclusion, women want commitment, loyalty, communication, respect, and love. Don’t settle for what’s really important in a relationship. After years of heartache, I finally found the perfect man for me (prepare to laugh)…