How to Have Confidence and Succeed at Dating with a Disability
Dating with a disability can be challenging. We all want to find a partner who loves us for our abilities, not our limitations. I can relate. Therefore, I gave a Toastmasters speech about my idea of the perfect man. Get ready to laugh out loud!
Meet Kathy O’Connell
Have you ever admired someone and thought “I want her CONFIDENCE”? That’s exactly what happened when I met Kathy O’Connell, Director of Radiant Abilities.
As a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Kathy has 20 years of experience helping people with disabilities increase their self-esteem and confidence in dating. However, finding love wasn’t always a walk in the park.
Finding Love Online
Kathy struggled to overcome the challenges of dating with a disability. For that reason, she teaches an online course based on the key beliefs, strategies that led to meeting her husband.
In this exclusive interview, Kathy shares how difficult it was to find someone who would consider her as a potential partner. Finally, everything changed when she became comfortable in her own skin — and, most importantly — at ease with with cerebral palsy.
You’ll hear about things like…
• The resources Radiant Abilities provides “for living happily and successfully with a disability.”
• Why a positive self-image is key to dating success.
• How & when to tell a someone about your disability.
• Advice for parents who worry their children won’t find love due to a disability.
In addition, we talked about why it’s difficult for society to accept that we are just like everyone else. As a result, I invited Kathy to come back. Everyone loved how she turned the pitfalls of dating with a disability into a success story!
Check out the interview below:
Links from the interview:
• Free Download – 10 Affirmations to Boost Your Confidence for Dating with a Disability
• Kathy’s book, Firewalk: Embracing Different Abilities